Views: 100 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-08-19 Origin: Site
Whether it is to quickly grind patterns with small grinding tools or 3D round carving with hand held grinders, it is easy for those people who play carving. Maybe the creation process of stone carving products is strange for most of people, so they will think it is a difficult job. In this article, we will tell how to carve stone, and let you know more the knowledge about carving stone. First of all, let us take a look at the steps required to complete a simple three-dimensional stone carving.
The steps of carving stone
1. Choose stone for stone carving. This is usually selected according to the needs of customers or your favorites. Generally, stone carvings will choose some softer stones, such as blue-grey bluestone, off-white sesame white, milky white marble, red shrimp red, and cyan sesame gray stones, which are easy to carve the shape of patterns according to the designs. We know that hard stones are not easy to carve and are easy to break when carving and grinding in special grinding tools.
2. Process stones of the required size. When the stones are sent to the factory, they are usually the large blocks with several meters long, and they are called rough stone materials. So, these rough stone materials need to be cut into small block firstly with a big saw or big power tool according to the size of the stone carving product. For example, if the product you want to engrave is 1 meter in length, width and height, then you need to cut them into a little stone with a length, width and height of more than 1 meter, and then carve on this stone, and grind it in mini hand grinder or small grinding machine.
3. Draw an outline on the stone. Of course, there are also many skilled people who can directly carve without the outline on the stone. This mainly depends on the craftsman's skills and the fineness of the products. If you are novice, you had better to draw the outline on the stone and finish it step by step according to the design, so that you will not waste the rough stone material and time.
4. Carve out the general shape and remove excess blocks, and then carve out the shape of the product.
5. Draw some patterns according the design on the carved products and continue to carve it before using electric grinding tool.
6. Carry out coloring or polishing in the small power grinder. Then the workpiece is done.
The above are the general steps. Of course, it is very difficult for the laymen. But for professional craftsmen, they can use different power tools or power grinding machine through assembly line to do many fixed products one day.