1) Before drilling, the cross center line of the hole position must be drawn and the center punch hole must be punched according to the hole position and size requirements.
2) About the clamping of the drill bit, it firstly should insert the bit handle into the drill chuck, and the clamping length shall not be less than 15mm.
3) According to the shape of workpiece and the size of drilling force, different clamping methods should be adopted to ensure the quality and safety of drilling.
For example: middle and small cuboid workpiece can be clamped with flat jaw pliers; The shaft type and pipe fitting type can be clamped with V-shaped frame; Special-shaped parts or work pieces with machining reference on the side can be clamped with angle iron; Small workpieces or sheet when drilling can be clamped with hand vise.
4) The drilling parameters include cutting speed, feed and cutting depth, which should be selected reasonably according to the requirements.
5) When drilling, firstly align the drill bit with the sample punching hole to drill a shallow pit, and observe whether it is concentric with the circumference of the marking. If eccentricity is found, the bridge should be straightened promptly.
Minimize the use of tool tips to process workpieces
In actual processing, the tip of the ball-end cutter is actually not cutting, but grinding. Moreover, in actual processing, the coolant can not be added to the cutting area at all, and the use of the tool tip to process the workpiece will cause the cutting heat to be relatively large, thereby reducing the tool life.
For straight walls, it is best to use the contour shape method to process
It is necessary to minimize the phenomenon that the ball-end cutter is processed downward along the straight wall, and it is a very good method to process upward along the straight wall. When the cutting largest thickness , if the ball-end cutter is processed downward, it is easy to collapse; the ball-end cutter is processed upward, which is beneficial to chip removal.
Pay attention to the processing of deep grooves
When processing deep grooves, the tool may sink completely. Because the chip pockets of the ball-end cutter are relatively small, it is easy to break the tool when processing sticky materials (such as copper) at a high feed rate.
Finding Solutions For Your Projects
For us the rotary tools are not just about drilling and polishing, they make it easier to turn inspiration into work.